(require 'uniquify) (setq uniquify-buffer-name-style 'post-forward uniquify-separator ":")There are several choices you can select for this uniquify-buffer-name-style (Copied from documentation).
- For example, files `/foo/bar/mumble/name' and `/baz/quux/mumble/name'
would have the following buffer names in the various styles:
- forward bar/mumble/name quux/mumble/name
- reverse name\mumble\bar name\mumble\quux
- post-forward name|bar/mumble name|quux/mumble
- post-forward-angle-brackets name
- nil name name<2>