2008-10-02

A bloody example of high turn-over

Earlier this evening, my ex-coworker phoned me and told me what happened after my leave. I quit that company about 3 years ago. At the time, I was working on a brand new product with the other two seasoned programmers. We worked very hard and the product was delivered with not-bad quality on time. I think the team was organic because we didn't have a manager at all. The unveiling of the product was a big success. I still chose to quit, because I wanted to do more than just a programmer knowing few about how a chip is produced. The other two programmers chose to internally transfer to another group because they didn't want to stay in that sloppy environment.

After our leaves, management level found replacements for us. Two of them got fired later because they was not considered capable. Bug numbers was increasing exponentially. It was definitely the phenomenon of a software rot. But, what they did is to hire more people, totally 8 people right now, to do jobs that was handled by only 3. I am wondering what the heck they are thinking? It is absolutely the bloody example of ignoring turn-over. What do you think? Have you experienced similar situation?

2 則留言:

  1. ha, ha, ha.
    In fact, there were 3 people and 1 little pig in that group before. And that little pig is still there. And he complains that we introduce so many bugs so we left that group and leave all the burden on him. ^_^

    回覆刪除
  2. ha, ha, ha.
    In fact, there were 3 people and 1 little pig in that group before. And that little pig is still there. And he complains that we introduce so many bugs so we left that group and leave all the burden on him. ^_^

    回覆刪除